- Email- email@example.com
- IRC- souvikhaldar on Freenode server
I’m a Backend Developer by profession and mostly use Golang and Python to interact with computers. I like to read books/articles of various genres (little biased towards technical ones), socialize/hangout with friends and new people; and love to build and learn new things. I mostly write about things I’m learning, here or on Medium mostly to make it a point to visit later on, which others too might find helpful.
- All India rank 2 in Hackathon organized by Digital Ocean. Refer- https://www.techgig.com/hackathon/digitalocean-cloudhack
- All India Rank in top 2 percentile in Modern Application Development course by NPTEL.
- CodeChef certified Data Structures and Algorithms programmer
BACKEND ENGINEER, BIOSTRAP - REMOTE - MAY 2019 - PRESENT
- Responsible for building and managing the backend platform of Biostrap platform.
- Cloud- AWS
BACKEND DEVELOPER, KARTBITES, KOLKATA — OCT 2017- APRIL 2019
- Building robust and high performant HTTP APIs and microservice using Golang.
- Monitoring and alerting of servers using Prometheus.
- Spatial database management using PostGIS/PostgreSQL.
- Maintaining and deploying the server using Ansible.
- Implementing distributed messaging service using NSQ.
- Cloud - Digital Ocean
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INTERN, HASURA.IO, REMOTE — JUN 2017-AUG 2017
- Developed complete web-app named hisab-kitab which is an expense journal application.
- Backend in Python (Flask), frontend in html, css, bootstrap and several Hasura APIs.
- Complete documentation can be found here
MANAGEMENT INTERN, INDIAN RAILWAYS; RANCHI, JHARKHAND — JUN 2017-JUL 2017
As a management intern at Indian Railways (South Eastern) I got to understand how a big organization like Railways does it’s basic management works like filing tender, pen- sion management, authorities, jurisdiction, etc.
CONTENT WRITER, INDIANS NEWS; REMOTE — FEB 2015 - SEP 2016
- Articles on various topics, but with special emphasis on covering events, seminars, lifestyle and workshops.
- Covered several techfests like EDGE 2015, Eccentron (TISL) and Entrepreneurship Awareness Drive press conference.
- Indians News
- Languages- Golang, Python and Clojure.
- DevOps- Ansible.
- Database- postgreSQL, mySQL, Redis.
- Geographic Information System (GIS)- PostGIS.
- OS- Mac OSX, Arch Linux, Ubuntu, Kali Linux and Raspbian.
- Tools - Postman, Goland, Vim, Visual Studio Code.
Technologies- IOT, Cloud Computing, Embedded Programming, Web-Development.
The motive of this project is that we display the status of the garbage dumps in real time on a personalised website which in turn can be used to predict the best route to be taken for garbage collection.
Server written in Go, deployed on Heroku, frontend in HTML/CSS, Arduino code on Arduino Uno, Python script for data fetching/pushing and Raspberry Pi 3.
- Graduation = Techno India Salt Lake, Kolkata, MAKAUT University — B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, 2014-18.
- AISSCE = (12th standard) Kendriya Vidyalaya Adra — CBSE , 2013, Science
- AISSE = (10th standard) Kendriya Vidyalaya Adra — CBSE , 2011, General