- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC- souvikhaldar on Freenode server
I’m an enterprising individual who loves to take initiatives to make things happen, hence held various positions of responsibility right from early school days till date.
I believe in the idea of compound interest and putting small yet planned efforts each day to become better than the person yesterday.
I had been fascinated by the green coloured PCBs (Printed Circuit Board) from a very early age and tinkering with machines ever since.
I love to explore fields horizontally, find the sweet spot to zero-in then go all the way into it. Currently exploring the world of Distributed Systems, Cyber Security and Embedded systems, and in this path of exploration making use of golang (primarily), python, C and Clojure for interacting with computers, each representative of a different paradigm of thinking/programming.
- All India rank 2 in a Hackathon organized by Digital Ocean. Refer- https://www.techgig.com/hackathon/digitalocean-cloudhack
- All India Rank in top 2 percentile in Modern Application Development course by NPTEL.
- CodeChef certified Data Structures and Algorithms programmer
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (PLATFORM), Cloud Vector - REMOTE - NOV 2020 - PRESENT * Responsible for building and maintaining the platform (or controller) side of the product. * Most of the components are written in golang and redis/psql as database.
BACKEND ENGINEER, BIOSTRAP - REMOTE - MAY 2019 - SEPTEMBER 2020
- Responsible for building and maintaining the platform of Biostrap.
- Writing gRPC endpoints, REST HTTP APIs, tools,etc mostly in golang.
- Database: mySQL and scylla.
BACKEND DEVELOPER, KARTBITES, KOLKATA — OCT 2017- APRIL 2019
- Building robust and high performance HTTP APIs and microservice using Golang.
- Monitoring and alerting of servers using Prometheus.
- Spatial database management using PostGIS/PostgreSQL.
- Maintaining and deploying the server using Ansible.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INTERN, HASURA.IO, REMOTE — JUN 2017-AUG 2017
- Developed complete web-app named hisab-kitab which is an expense journal application.
- Backend in Python (Flask), frontend in html, css, bootstrap and several Hasura APIs.
- Complete documentation can be found here
MANAGEMENT INTERN, INDIAN RAILWAYS; RANCHI, JHARKHAND — JUN 2017-JUL 2017
As a management intern at Indian Railways (South Eastern) I got to understand how a big organization like Railways handles verious management tasks.
CONTENT WRITER, INDIANS NEWS; REMOTE — FEB 2015 - SEP 2016
- Articles on various topics, but with special emphasis on covering events, seminars, lifestyle and workshops.
- Languages- Golang, Python,C and Clojure.
- REST, gRPC and graphQL APIs development.
- DevOps- Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Database- postgreSQL, mySQL, Redis.
- Geographic Information System (GIS)- PostGIS.
- OS- Mac OSX, Arch Linux, Ubuntu, Kali Linux and Raspbian.
- Reverse Engineering
- Malware analysis
- Web Security
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Intrusion Detection System